1920

1920

After 1920 all qualified nurses were registered and issued with a badge by the Nurses Board of South Australia (NBSA). At The Children’s, the registered nurse badge was red, white and blue with gold plating and it featured a red cross. In 1976, as part of the Hospital’s Centenary celebrations, a Coat of Arms was released with its motto, “Crescent atque crescamus”. This translates to “May they grow and may we” and it was during this year that the nurse badge was changed to feature the Coat of Arms.

Back to timeline
x

Stay up to date

Subscribe to our free newsletter and keep up to date with all the latest news and events from the WCH Foundation.

Subscribe