1947

1947

The Hospital’s Preliminary Training School (PTS) was introduced in 1947 – the very first of any health facility in South Australia. The PTS, while a long-way from today’s standards, was a vast improvement on the approach of previous years where new trainees began working directly on the wards with no instruction and learning through trial and error. The eight week training school included bedmaking, bandaging, sponge practice, sorting laundry and ethics and etiquette.

Back to timeline
x

Stay up to date

Subscribe to our free newsletter and keep up to date with all the latest news and events from the WCH Foundation.

Subscribe