1902

1902

The new Queen’s Home in Rose Park provided maternity care originally for married women from low-income families. This would later be renamed in 1939 as the Queen Victoria Maternity Hospital. The annual report for the Home’s first year of operation showed that 80 patients were admitted and 80 babies were born, rising to 154 births the following year.

Back to timeline
x

Stay up to date

Subscribe to our free newsletter and keep up to date with all the latest news and events from the WCH Foundation.

Subscribe