Staying at the House
The WCH Foundation manages families’ stays at the Beach House in consultation with the Hospital’s Palliative and Complex Care Service teams.
Who can stay at the Beach House?
Families with children currently under the care of the WCH’s Palliative or Complex Care Services are welcomed to apply to stay at the Beach House.
How do I apply to stay at the Beach House?
For more information or to receive an application to stay at the Beach House, contact the Beach House Program Manager via email or phone 08 8464 7909.
How much does it cost to stay at the Beach House?
The Beach House is available for the families to stay at no charge Apart from breakfast condiments and cereals, tea and coffee provisions and some basic pantry items, food is the responsibility of the families.
How long can families stay at the Beach House?
Each family’s stay is allocated commencing from 12 noon Friday and departing by 12 noon the following Thursday, totalling six nights and seven days.
Should a family be unable to stay for the entire week, they are still required to limit their stay to fall between the Friday and Thursday.
How many people does the Beach House accommodate?
With several flexible sleeping options, the Beach House can accommodate up to 12 people with the following bed configuration:
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom – king bed
- Bedroom 2: Patient bedroom – king single bed
- Bedroom 3: Self-contained bedroom/living area – queen sofa bed
- Bedroom 4: Multipurpose/ sensory area – pull down queen bed
- Bedroom 5: Bunk room – four single beds (two single bunks)
- Foldaway single portable bed, cot and bassinet is also available.