Donating to the WCH Foundation this Christmas
The festive season is well upon us and at this time of year the wonderful South Australian community are incredibly generous in their donation of presents to children in the Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
A gift of toys, games or art and craft supplies can make a big difference to children and families spending time in the Hospital leading up to and over Christmas. The Foundation, Hospital, patients and their families are incredibly thankful for your generosity.
Unfortunately, the Women’s & Children’s Hospital Foundation cannot accept all donations and due to strict infection prevention policies, only new items can be accepted. To make sure the Hospital benefits from your generosity, please read the guidelines before donating.
Types of donations and gifts
- Board games, such as Connect 4, UNO cards, Trouble, Jenga
- Jigsaw puzzles – less than 500 pieces
- Lego and construction packs
- Dolls and figurines – especially the latest Disney, Marvel or Pop characters
- Toy trucks and vehicle sets
- Etch a Sketcher
- Play Doh
- Blocks and construction
- DVDs suitable for children and adolescents (G, PG and M rated are accepted)
- Interactive (computer and console) games for Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation
- Portable DVD players
- Hand-held interactive consoles
- Quality headphones
- Mini speakers suitable for iPods and smartphones
- iTunes gift cards
Arts and craft
- Art and craft supplies – pencils, crayons, stickers, non-toxic water-based paints
- Make-it kits – jewellery, painting, plaster, dream catchers, beading and sewing
Where to drop your donations
The WCH Foundation office is located on the ground floor of 55 King William Road, North Adelaide. The opening hours at 9am – 5pm. If you have further questions or are planning on making a donation please contact us on 08 8464 7900. Please ensure your donations are dropped at the WCH Foundation office before 5pm on Monday 16 December 2019.
Back to all news